lauantai 2. kesäkuuta 2012

I love you sis.

I'm really fortunate in so many ways. Especially lately I've felt like living in a dream. I just love my life but I don't want to take it for granted, God's been blessing me a LOT and I'm so thankful for that.

I have a loving family, boyfriend and friends, I'm healthy, I have a great job and I'm living in the country where I truly feel "I belong here".
 I am also lucky when I can say I have lots of sisters (seesters). Not only those tied to me through blood but also friendships that are more like sister&sister or sister&brother relationships. But this post is about my lovely little sister Milja who "graduated" (well, finished, had her commencement?) from middle school today and thanks to technology I was able to be in two places at the same time regardless of the fact that those places are an ocean apart. 

Yes, I was in Finland via Skype tonight. There's nothing unsual about that, I skype with my friends and family every week (at least I try) but there was something special this time. I was able to be in the actual graduation party when she got her diploma (thanks to my dad's iPad). It was so funny though, to see all my former teachers and talk with the principal. I was so happy it was possible for me to attend this way because I was very disappointed when I realized that even though I loved coming back to Canada as soon as possible it also meant I'd miss the party. Now I at least got a taste of it. 

Congrats Milja, I love you so much and I'm so proud of your hard work. You deserved your day, enjoy!  

 Singing "Suvivirsi" (the last song every year), brings memories!
Hugs

Sis, mum, grandma, me!

 And as "loppukevennys" (last laughters?) I had to spoil this, sorry M. My face tells it all. I think they have never seen anything like this at Elomaa (the school). Way to go girl! (So yes, this is her diploma, she got straight A:s, all the "lukuaineet" so main subjects)


Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti